Forum: Adults / 30 Something

30 Something
beginner adults classes
By ddsunrise Comments: 1, member since Tue Jun 24, 2014
On Tue Jun 24, 2014 09:58 AM

I am mid thirties mother of 3 from the northern valley, bergen county, nj area. I am looking for evening beginner dance classes, other than the typical Zumba. Anyone know of places I can look at for this?

3 Replies to beginner adults classes

re: beginner adults classes
By LingScot Comments: 1036, member since Sat Apr 09, 2005
On Thu Jun 26, 2014 02:17 PM
You could check out Scottish country dancing!

www.rscds-nj.org
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3627, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:40 PM
I'm not familiar with New Jersey (I'm in Colorado) but here all-around dance studios tend to offer Tap for adults more than other types of classes. I'd say hip-hop and jazz come second. You just have to search all of the studios, all of the city parks and rec programs -- everything -- to find something which is truly dance-step and technique oriented rather than fitness-workout oriented.
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 635, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Jun 28, 2014 03:44 AM
You did not mention in your post what dance form you are interested in taking up, so you may want to add that and you might hear more ideas. That being said, given that you live in one of the quintessential suburb's of NYC, I am sure you will not have any problem locating local dance schools near your town/home. You might even be able to trip into the City for class if you are near one of the commuter rail lines---if you can do that, then there are plenty of world-class places to take class there. You are very lucky to live right outside NYC. Good luck in your search and happy hunting.

For those who didn't know where Bergen County (NJ) is think of the famous HBO series: The Soprano's

ReplySendWatch