Forum: Arts / Pets

Pets
My cat is my baby and I WILL take him to the vet when he's sick! *vent*
By rosalinde Comments: 1973, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:50 AM

Just a little vent ...

Day before yesterday I noticed my cat was limping badly and clearly in pain. I decided to wait a night and see how he'd do, but yesterday morning I noticed he hadn't eaten (and this cat loves his food!) and was very lethargic. So I decided to make an appointment for the vet near the end of my work day since I knew I wouldn't have much if any work left and could easily leave a little early without things screwing up at work.

Anyway, one of my colleagues just blew her top when she found out I was taking him to the vet. She said it was just a cat, and not like he's my child or anything, and I had no reason to leave work early just to get a pet checked over.

I just feel so angry. I don't have children, and I don't have my cat as a substitute. But when my cat is clearly feeling poorly I will take care of him & not wait till the weekend & risk him having to go around with a potentially broken leg (thankfully nothing is broken, just a sprain or a bite wound he got antibiotics for). I had to really bite my tongue not to let slip out some very non-PC comments about kids vs pets, but it really annoyed me.

/end vent. *grumble grumble*

1 Replies to My cat is my baby and I WILL take him to the vet when he's sick! *vent*

re: My cat is my baby and I WILL take him to the vet when he's sick! *vent*
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Wed Jun 25, 2014 04:04 AM
Jesus they feel pain just like a human! When you adopt a pet you take on responsibility for it and if that means responsibly leaving work a little bit early (considering that vets usually keep the same hours as office workers) then fine. If you don't report to her, tell her bollocks. I HATE it when people get involved when it isn't their business.

ReplySendWatch