Forum: Adults / Weddings

Weddings
Dress for Wedding (guest)
By arielizabeth Comments: 33, member since Mon Dec 01, 2008
On Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:49 PM

I am attending a wedding this summer with a church ceremony and a country club reception. I see that the internet is pretty mixed as to how much white is appropriate in a dress as a guest. What do you guys think about this one? Appropriate or not? My shoulders must be a bit broader than the model's as the sleeves end up sitting on my shoulders, making the dress seem short sleeved rather than off the shoulder.

www.whitehouseblackmarket.com . . .

4 Replies to Dress for Wedding (guest)

re: Dress for Wedding (guest)
By Tishwah Comments: 586, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:25 PM
I wore a print dress with even less white that that to a Church wedding and was soundly abused by someone. I think that dress you have picked is lovely and the person who bailed me up at a wedding was rude!
By abell989 Comments: 14, member since Sun May 04, 2014
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 03:57 PM
I think the dress you have picked is very pretty. When it comes down to it you wear what makes you comfortable. If you are comfortable and like it, who cares what anyone else has to say.
By rosalinde Comments: 1973, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:12 AM
This is a lovely dress - and would never be mistaken for a wedding dress. Why not pair with a dark bolero of some sorts to start with, which you can easily take off later? That way you tone down the whiteness a bit more. But you could totally wear that dress.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:33 AM
Just wanted to come in and say that I just bought that dress last week!

ReplySendWatch