Forum: Advice / Beauty

Beauty
Are my natural eyebrows too light for my face?
By dancegirl90member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1077, member since Thu Dec 09, 2004
On Tue Jul 01, 2014 03:01 PM

So I used to always fill in my eyebrows with a pencil but I don't want to do that anymore. I want a more natural look.

I'm growing up and learning to appreciate myself just as I was born LOL.

Anyway I am kind of freaking out over how light they are naturally since I have very dark brown hair. Do you think I should make them darker or just keep them this way?

It might also just be the shock of going natural after years of a dark pencil?

I still have to fill them in because I am growing them out. But I use very light color and very little of it, just so I don't look like an alien LOL.

Anyway, I appreciate the help!

14 Replies to Are my natural eyebrows too light for my face?

re: Are my natural eyebrows too light for my face?
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 01:42 AM
I think you look great! Subtle brows but definitely visible.
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 08:33 AM
Are you putting on eyeliner on your bottom? I feel that maybe the eyeliner is making your eyebrows seem lighter. Maybe switch to a brown mascara and brown eyeliner?

I've seen you in person with the strong brows, so this is a change for me too...but I don't think it looks bad at all. Just different, and I know that when I don't do my brows, I kind of shock myself too.
By MaraschinoCherry Comments: 182, member since Fri Nov 11, 2005
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:07 AM
Love the look! Very soft and feminine. It suits you.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:20 AM
When I look at the thumbnails, I can see that you indeed have eyebrows. So, they're not too light if you can see them in miniature/from a distance.

They look like they have a grey coating though, in the last photo, like you've put lots of translucent or face powder on. If that's the case, maybe go easy over the brows?

You could also use a little clear mascara to tidy them which makes them look darker without loading them with black pencil.
By dancegirl90member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1077, member since Thu Dec 09, 2004
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:05 AM
No eyeliner just black mascara. I wondered too if I should switch to brown mascara.
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:04 PM
And as I said in the post I still have to fill them in a tiny bit with a light color because they are still growing. I overplucked and it will probably take a few months to get them to normal.
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14381, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 04:17 PM
If I'm wearing make-up, my brows are filled in 99% of the time...and they're just as dark as my hair. I just think that it looks incomplete without having my brows done, so yeah, my opinion would be to fill them in. I've never used a pencil though, only powder, and it doesn't look super harsh.
By Tishwah Comments: 586, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:15 PM
I kind of want to say that of course they aren't too light for your face, because they are your eyebrows and it is your face and therefore of course they go together! They are currently darker than mine (and admittedly I am a dark blonde) and I don't fill mine in at all, in fact I always think I look strange in stage makeup when I have filled them in.

I also really like that black top :)
On Thu Jul 03, 2014 04:43 AM
At least I really like them. I can't wait for them to fully grow out. :)
By lildancergirl22 Comments: 320, member since Mon Mar 01, 2004
On Thu Jul 03, 2014 08:12 AM
You have gorgeous big eyes and the lighter eyebrows let the attention go straight to your eyes instead of fighting for attention with darker brows!

Your brows suit you well!
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:40 AM
I personally would probably fill them in (or, since I'm lazy, dye them) but that's only because of my own weird preferences. If I saw you in the mall or on the street, I definitely wouldn't notice or think they looked weird or anything though.
By d4jmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12490, member since Fri Aug 27, 2004
On Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:48 PM
I like to use a swipe of chapstick or clear lip gloss to give brows a wet look which makes them look darker and also the waxiness of the chapstick sort of flattens the hairs closer to the skin which also makes them look darker too.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:00 PM
If you're having to put in the work and fill them in anyway I would make them a bit darker--as long as they're still growing in, at least.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Fri Jul 04, 2014 08:29 AM
I think for a fully polished make up look you would definitely want to fill them in.

ReplySendWatch