Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

I need new point shoes and I don't know which are good for me! HEEEELLLPPP!!!
By mashapower
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:20 AM

Hey!

My last pointe shoes are Bloch Suprima (Seize 3)... they are actually very good but the box doesn't reach my metatarsal bone. If I try seize 3.5 they are too big.

My feet: long toes(2nd toe is the longest) therefore I need a high vamp, verrry compressible, normal arch, low profile, my arch is not very flexible.

I know that I need a slightly to tapered box.

As I dance in pointe shoes almost every day I need a medium-hard shank.

I reaaally need help... Could you guys recommend me something? Pleaaasseee!!

Masha

5 Replies to I need new point shoes and I don't know which are good for me! HEEEELLLPPP!!!

re: I need new point shoes and I don't know which are good for me! HEEEELLLPPP!!!
By RosePremium member
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 AM
Best is to go to a good pointe shoe fitter. Especially when you dance in them almost every day you need to invest that time to get good fitting shoes.
re: I need new point shoes and I don't know which are good for me! HEEEELLLPPP!!!
By mashapower
On Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:38 AM
Yeah that is a problem, because in Vienna are only 2 stores. One doesn't have anything and in the other I have tried every pair...
By Gavrilushka
On Fri Jul 04, 2014 07:06 AM
Edited by Gavrilushka (251581) on 2014-07-04 07:10:19
Is it possible to just drive/take the train to Munich? I mean sure it might take a while to get there, but when I was last in Munich there was a big store with HUGE selection I was practically blown away.

I find it hard to believe there are only 2 stores in Vienna. I mean is there a Schachtner shop?
Some searching around led me to these:
www.facebook.com . . .
www.jumpin.at
www.looksport.de . . .

Grishko 2007 sound like they will fit you nicely (high vamp, low profile, semi-tapered). You might want to get the pro flex or flex model since it is easier to roll through if you do not have very strong feet. This site converted the Grishko sizes to mm: www.mondanse.de . . .

I guess you could order from them I suppose. Check the refund policy first. Only order your first shoes online when you can return due to incorrect fit. My German isn't the best so I don't really know if my links helped at all.

Viel Glück!
By vivien_o
On Fri Jul 04, 2014 09:10 AM
I recently raved about these shoes on another question about shoes, but I highly recommend Bloch Dramaticas. It sounds like you have fairly similar feet to mine, and the Dramaticas work really well for me, so if you can find a fitting for those then definitely give them a try.
By mashapower
On Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:37 PM
thank you really, I was at jumpin and one other store but unfortunately I tried all pointe shoes there but no had fitted me...

ReplySendWatch