Forum: Advice / Beauty

Beauty
Help me think of a theme day for my blog!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Jul 07, 2014 04:54 PM
Edited by Theresa (28613) on 2014-07-07 16:55:52 What edit?!
Locked by Theresa (28613) on 2015-10-04 19:37:55 Locked!

I started a beauty blog, in part just to amuse myself. When I started, I talked a lot about nail polish, but I'm trying to gradually transition to talking more about other products (apparently I need to talk about skin care, my most viewed post so far has been for Olay Fresh Effects Eye Roller, of all things). At any rate, I want to also begin to grow the volume of posts, and I'm looking to add a second day - and I'd like it to be themed. I post on Mondays regularly, so anything that goes with Monday is out. Any ideas? "Face Wash Friday" has fantastic alliteration, but how often do you really change your face wash?!

And I do have to buy these products myself, as I'm not sponsored by anyone, so as fun as "Chanel Wendesdays" would be, it'd also break me REAL fast. :D

Oh, if you're curious - allthegoodblogsgone.blogspot.com!

9 Replies to Help me think of a theme day for my blog!

re: Help me think of a theme day for my blog!
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Tue Jul 08, 2014 05:22 AM
I have been checking in on your blog every so often, and I really like the way your write! However, I do think that you need to reevaluate how you take your pictures. They are all extremely yellow/orange and don't accurately represent the colors of the items you are blogging about.

If you can't find time to shoot in natural light, you can set up a cheap light set by using white bulbs with a white sheet draped over it. There are some easy to follow tutorials online.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:51 AM
I think I need to switch to my regular camera - I do the pics with my iPad - and I could probably also stand for a more neutral background than the kitchen table. I've been using that just because it's a nice, neutral color, but it is probably giving an overly warm cast off. Thanks for making me think about it, LOL...
re: Help me think of a theme day for my blog! (karma: 1)
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:15 PM
How about " Face Change Friday"

You can try different makeup looks for a " face change" related makeover. It can be makeup, skin care, or homemade face masks etc etc etc

Or " Wacky Outfit Wednesday"

You can try different makeup looks to fit your outfit of the day. What type of makeup to do with blue jeans, an atheltic yoga pants day, PTA meeting, grocery shopping etc.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Tue Jul 08, 2014 06:38 PM
Monday Money Saver? Comparing an expensive brand to a cheaper alternative? I'd be down to read that! Or try a face full of make up using generic brand items. What items to save on, what items are worth spending a bit more on?

Selfie Saturday? Throughout the week ask readers to send in their selfies of their make up, and you post 5?
On Tue Jul 08, 2014 09:57 PM
Thanks guys, these are interesting ideas!
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Wed Jul 09, 2014 08:25 AM
How about, "Monday Morning Blues".

The song is pretty well known, and it gives you a wide range of options from anything with blue packaging to overcoming bad hair days to smoky eyes with blue shadows and mascara.

I'll keep thinking.

Good luck with your blog.
By Martha_Cecillemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1128, member since Sun Oct 12, 2008
On Wed Jul 09, 2014 08:52 AM
I really like the Face Friday idea.

There are really many thing you can do with it. Make up ideas, new products, products you got rid of because they weren't good for you, things you want to try. You can also do hair things. Than you can do the make up on themes like xmas, helloween, spring, summer vacation. Or maybe how to pack your face items on a short trip, long trip etc.
You can do you own masks, or you can look into using products the unconventional way. Like using lipstick as a blush (like the benefit tint)

Maybe you can call Fresh Face Friday :)
By twirlydancer Comments: 1, member since Wed Sep 03, 2014
On Wed Sep 03, 2014 08:03 PM
I believe a "hero" day would be cool. I'm not talking about superhero, but your everyday hero or someone you look up. An example could be Rosa Parks or Martha Graham.
By MarlaBallet Comments: 10, member since Sat Sep 13, 2014
On Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 PM
How about recreating celebrity looks and call it "Celebrity Saturday" or "Steal-the-look Saturday" :) just an idea!

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed