Forum: Advice / Ask a Parent

Ask a Parent
how to tell my mom i want to get serious about dance?
By autumndancer11 Comments: 37, member since Tue Jun 10, 2014
On Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:59 PM

she is not committed to taking me to dance, taking me to recitals, or any of that. i started dancing at a studio 2 years ago, but i was dancing long before then. she's always making me late, and not wanting to take me to recitals. i feel bad, because i don't know if she even likes me dancing. but this is my only real talent, and i love it, but she doesn't seem to be proud of me at all. we just moved to a new studio, and i want to have a good reputation there. and btw she's kind of mean sometimes(not mean, just hurts my feeling sometimes), and she gets her feelings hurt easily, so i need a way to tell her, without her saying she does sooo much for me and all that, because i know that and i do appreciate her. thanks:)

1 Replies to how to tell my mom i want to get serious about dance?

re: how to tell my mom i want to get serious about dance?
By abell989 Comments: 14, member since Sun May 04, 2014
On Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:41 PM
Let her know how much it means to you and how important dance is to you. Just be honest and if she does get "mean" don't get mean back. It's easy for all of us to get defensive and say things we don't mean when someone hurts our feeling. Tell her that you do appreciate all she does to you, but you would be happy and it would mean a lot if she supports something that you love. Not that it's my business, but is money an issue with any of it? If it is you can always offer to help pay for your lessons, costumes, or anything like that. I hope this works out for you! It's a tough situation to be in.

ReplySendWatch