Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

Ballet - Wanted
Dead Pointe Shoe Donations for Art
By StepBallChange Comments: 3, member since Wed Jul 02, 2014
On Fri Jul 18, 2014 02:26 PM

Hello! I am wondering if anyone would be willing to donate multiple pairs of dead, old pointe shoes for artistic purposes only, not for dancing in:) They would be used as canvases for paintings and as sculptures that would be placed in local auctions. I would pay for the shipping and if you would like I can send you photos of the completed work. This is a fairly new account so I won't be able to message you, but reply and I will leave my email so we can work out the details then. Thank you all so, so much!!!! :)

2 Replies to Dead Pointe Shoe Donations for Art

re: Dead Pointe Shoe Donations for Art
By vivien_o Comments: 51, member since Sat Jun 14, 2014
On Thu Jul 24, 2014 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if you've found enough already, but I happen to work at a dance store and we were going through stock and found old pointe shoes that are too old to be sold (the glue deteriorates after awhile and can't fully support a dancer), if you'd like I could see if they can be mailed out to you? They're an old model of shoe but they're all new shoes, if that makes a difference. The shoes are going to be thrown out anyway, so if you need them let me know asap.
re: Dead Pointe Shoe Donations for Art
By twilight14 Comments: 4, member since Tue Sep 16, 2014
On Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 AM
^Do you still have the shoes available?Just I was wanting to make a sculpture for my photography course,thanks

ReplySendWatch