Forum: Teaching Assistants

Looking to choreograph festival dances in London - Cheap!
By KimSch
On Sat Jul 19, 2014 06:24 AM

Hi,

My name's Kim and I've just moved to London to start a career in Marketing, however I really miss teaching and choreographing dance routines. I wondered if anybody here knew of a dance school in London (preferably central, west or south) who are looking for somebody to choreograph festival or show dances. I wouldn't charge a lot, I'd mainly just do it for fun!
I am currently looking to start teacher training courses with ISTD and RAD from September & January respectively but do not hold any professional teaching qualifications at the moment.
I currently hold Intermediate (BBO & RAD) Ballet, Advanced 1 Tap (ISTD) and Intermediate Modern (BBO) and have continued dancing since then, just choosing not to take any further examinations.
I have some video footage of some dances I have choreographed before including solos, trios and groups if anybody needs convincing!
Obviously this is just a stab in the dark but if anybody has any ideas or knows anybody who teaches or owns a school in London then I'd be very interested in hearing from you!

Thanks in advance!!

1 Replies to Looking to choreograph festival dances in London - Cheap!

re: Looking to choreograph festival dances in London - Cheap!
By Goldfingers_Girl
On Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:09 PM
OK - I'm going to provide you with some references I know of from living in London but you have to promise that you will not offer your services "cheap" - as soon as you do this you cheapen the entire industry - there are many of us who need to support ourselves with our income from teaching dance and if everyone was to offer their services "cheaply" there would not be an industry for anyone to make a living in ...I would charge a normal rate for an uncertified, yet experienced dance teacher. There are many, many opportunities in London! I will PM you my list

ReplySendWatch