Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Shoes stolen! Lock your car
By kate_monster
On Thu Jul 24, 2014 08:07 AM

So I made the mistake of leaving my shoe bag in my car (have class 2 days in a row and use sneakers inside my house for practice) and some punk kids STOLE them! 6 cars in my neighborhood got hit. Partly my fault, because I must have forgotten to lock my car, but seriously guys, irish dance shoes? What are you going to do with those?!

Had to rant. Feis this weekend with borrow shoes.

2 Replies to Shoes stolen! Lock your car

re: Shoes stolen! Lock your car
By Tansey
On Thu Jul 24, 2014 02:01 PM
Edited by Tansey (209516) on 2014-07-24 14:02:39
That's horrible. Have you walked around the neighborhood looking for your shoe bag? This is not exactly the same but there were several incidences of gym bags being taken out of unlocked cars in the town where my office is. In a few cases once the thieves realized there was nothing valuable in the bag, they tossed them into bushes or onto nearby roadsides, and the owners were able to get their gym gear back. No thief is likely to see any value in used hard shoes, and they're heavy, so maybe they're out there somewhere in your neighborhood. Might also be worth checking with your police dept too, if you haven't already. Sorry that happened to you.
re: Shoes stolen! Lock your car
By CelticCatPremium member
On Fri Jul 25, 2014 01:23 AM
We had that happen to us and the thief or thieves kept the cell phone that was in the bag, but tossed the bag and hard shoes in the bushes down the street. The police called us and it was fun explaining why the shoes were covered in duct tape, lol.

ReplySendWatch