Forum: General / Jazz / Lyrical

Lyrical
Should I take Jazz or Lyrical dance class?
By defaultusername1 Comments: 1, member since Fri Jul 25, 2014
On Fri Jul 25, 2014 02:10 PM

I have been dancing for nine years, I always did ballet. When, I decided to take a new class I wanted to take lyrical. I decided in the end it would be better to take jazz, to gain more experience. Now, I feel that I am ready for a Lyrical class, but I really liked jazz. I don't have enough money to take both, so I must decided.
Jazz or Lyrical?
What should I take?

2 Replies to Should I take Jazz or Lyrical dance class?

re: Should I take Jazz or Lyrical dance class?
By balletbella23member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 62, member since Fri Feb 10, 2012
On Fri Jul 25, 2014 07:19 PM
For the experience, I'd say take jazz. If you're worried about the technique that you've gained over the years in ballet, take lyrical, as it is a mix of ballet and more contemporary styles. Jazz has technique, but its not as strict as ballet can be. I feel that if you're ready to take lyrical, you're just as ready to take jazz. Good luck!
re: Should I take Jazz or Lyrical dance class?
By Miranda_Bobanda Comments: 8, member since Fri Jul 04, 2014
On Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:22 PM
It really sucks that you cannot do both, as that is what I would recommend. But I think you should go with jazz. In jazz, you learn technique, turns, leaps and more. In lyrical you learn mostly choreography and artistry. I think you should always take ballet and jazz. Ballet is the base of all other styles, and jazz is also the base of most other styles (Hip Hop, Lyrical/Contemporary as it is a mix of jazz and ballet and Funk).

ReplySendWatch