Forum: Adults / Weddings

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Best and Worst Wedding Favors You've Received
By SeniorLadyPremium member Comments: 8103, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Tue Aug 05, 2014 02:43 PM
Our favours were individual portions (like those two-bite brownies) of soda bread. Food favours are always my favourites: I don't tend to keep anything else. The last wedding I attended had sugared almonds and matchbooks ("I have found my perfect match!").
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16415, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Wed Aug 06, 2014 09:36 PM
Two of the best I received - a Christmas ornament with the couple's names and date, and a decorated straw fan for a wedding that was held outdoors on an extremely hot day. Wow, talk about useful!

kk~
By Dancing_Forevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3147, member since Sun Nov 24, 2002
On Sat Aug 09, 2014 07:00 AM
Edited by Dancing_Forever (50177) on 2014-08-09 07:02:17
Edited by Dancing_Forever (50177) on 2014-08-09 07:04:29
Edited by Dancing_Forever (50177) on 2014-08-09 07:05:14

Here is a photo of ours.

We didn't really have a wedding but we had two different celebrations. We got married in early November and had a private ceremony followed by a casual party with a bonfire. My flowers were fall colours and I had a few fall-like decorations, so when my mother-in-law mentioned doing a party favour I thought I would do a fall theme as well. I went to the bulk store and got different fall coloured candies (Reese pieces, gold kisses, and they had these chocolate covered pretzels with orange and brown stripes etc.) I attached a leaf to them (got packs of 8 or 10 from the dollar store) and then I tied the bags with coloured ribbon and stuck the labels on. The labels say "Thanks for celebrating with us" with our names.

In February we then had a small reception with my family in a different province. This time we had a winter theme, so I used the same idea except with a snowflake and silver Hershey kisses. The snowflakes were actually little ornaments as well so could be hung on the tree or somewhere in their house.

I made the labels on Publisher and there is a way to paste in a picture and then make it like a washed out background so you can put text etc. overtop. So for the winter ones I have one of our wedding photos as the background on the label.

One of my friend's weddings she had Hershey kisses as well, but it was just a little box with maybe 4 of them. If you have a big wedding that is probably a better idea as the candy actually got to be quite expensive. I think it was over $50 each time I went to get candy.

Someone else mentioned a Smores kit...I had that idea as well (saw it on Pinterest) since we had a bonfire. But my mother-in-law was making so much food and treats already plus with the cake, I thought that the candy bags would be better as that way people could take it home and eat it later.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 9026, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Sun Aug 10, 2014 04:04 PM
We didn't bother with them. We had made special wedding programs (to look like a football match day program) which people took away. All other weddings I've been to, it's been chocolate - which is handy to snack in between courses!
By Euphoriamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1909, member since Mon Dec 05, 2005
On Mon Sep 22, 2014 09:05 AM

We did sweets at our wedding. We got little metal buckets and filled them with jelly beans in our wedding colours and used them as the place cards.

Every single bean got munched that day!
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:52 AM
worst was an ugly napkin holder/salt pepper holder for the kitchen. I sent it home with husband (at the time we were dating).

Honestly I have enough crap in my life... so edibles are always welcome. Candles etc get tossed.

My friend is doing apple butter, and apparently I get to help with that one (yay?)
By Gavrilushka Comments: 872, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Fri Oct 03, 2014 01:44 AM
Our main wedding favour were books. A lot of them were either our old books or donated/sold very cheap to us by stores trying to get rid of overstock. We wrapped them in brown paper and wrote words and phrases to describe the book and they got to choose which ones they wanted. We had extras just in case and people loved the idea so much even the spares were gone, lol.
The best favour I received was a personalized pocket watch for a steampunk wedding that has a small message inside thanking me for attending their wedding. The worst was probably the most expensive one which was a red swarovski encrusted flute glass with the couples' name and wedding info on it. It looks nice but the wedding info ruins it and it is in such huge writing. It also takes up too much room. Especially since I can't sell it or throw it out.
Any small consumable wedding favour is good.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch