Forum: Competitions

Has any one attended Beyond The Stars in Somerset, NJ?
By MissChristina03
On Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:20 AM

Hello,

Has any one attended the Beyond The Stars event in Somerset, NJ.
We are thinking of competing there in Feb 2015.

I'm wondering things like:
How is the competition in general?
Is the venue ok?
What is your experience with the staff, other studios, scheduling there?

ANY help or input would be appreciated as it would be our first time there

Thank You!

4 Replies to Has any one attended Beyond The Stars in Somerset, NJ?

re: Has any one attended Beyond The Stars in Somerset, NJ?
By BTS
On Fri Aug 22, 2014 09:48 PM
Since no one has answered your post, I thought I would. I'm one of the directors of Beyond The Stars. May I suggest you check out our reviews on dance competition hub to find out what other people are saying about us. In 2014 our Feb. event was a nice 3 day event, not too long, but nice competition. We typically do solos and Duet/Trios on Friday, if needed, and if we go later than 6 on Sunday we do 16 & over solos Sunday evening.
You asked about the venue. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions if you'd like to call the office. Many studios love that particular venue, however we don't recommend it for studios that use large props are have huge production numbers.
Please feel free to call, ask for Ginny.
By ozriella
On Mon Sep 01, 2014 07:22 PM
I've not attended BTS in NJ, but we attended for the first time last year (in NC). We had a good experience and are going back again this year. We are also going to try out their nationals in NJ for summer 2015. In my opinion, the best part of the competition were the judges' video critiques. They were the most helpful out of all five competitions we attended this past season. We attend competitions to help our dancers grow and improve. We want to hear feedback. Nothing is more frustrating than to receive an average score, but receive little feedback. I would recommend trying them.
By MissChristina03
On Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 AM
Thank you SO much.
I really appreciate your help!
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:15 AM
We attended, in my last year in business, and enjoyed it. Ran on time, awards were good, people were nice, well organized.

ReplySendWatch