Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Girls Only PG-13
IUDs - Your experiences and advice wanted!
By Cheesemoo Comments: 639, member since Mon Jun 23, 2008
On Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Hey!
So I have tried to do online research on this topic, but much of what I have found in terms of personal experience is coming from 2006 or earlier and from what I understand IUDs have changed a lot in the last 5-10 years.

So I'm trying to find a good method of birth control, but many of them seem to either have high failure rates or a lot of maintenance required. So the IUD seems like a good option, although I haven't been able to get all my questions answered yet. I'm hoping to go talk to my doctor about this as well but she's on holidays at the moment so I thought I would ask for some DDN wisdom for the time being.

I am also concerned about altering my hormones because my mom had a lot of fertility issues and there is a history of miscarriage in my family. (otherwise we would probably just go for the standard pill + condoms setup) For this reason, the copper one seems like it might be less disruptive or risky to future fertility?

What are your experiences using an IUD, either copper or hormonal? What side effects, if any, did you experience, and how did the insertion and removal process go for you? Also, did you use a secondary method of birth control with it?

1 Replies to IUDs - Your experiences and advice wanted!

re: IUDs - Your experiences and advice wanted!
By swordoftruthPremium member Comments: 150, member since Mon Oct 25, 2010
On Tue Sep 02, 2014 03:42 PM
I want one of these so bad! My husband and I don't want kids, sick of using condoms and I don't want a period anymore haha

ReplySendWatch