Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Girls Only
I have to go to a competition and share a room with my studio owner. Help!!!
By Libbie1234 Comments: 2, member since Thu Aug 14, 2014
On Thu Aug 14, 2014 08:56 AM

I am on antibiotics and require a dose in the night so my dance teacher has assigned me to her room (we are usually allowed to choose a friend!) so she can give it but I'm a little nervous because I'm on my period and still will be at the competition and I don't really want her to know and also I feel changing will be awkward. Any tips or experience with this? Thanks in advance and btw I'm 13 years old :)

3 Replies to I have to go to a competition and share a room with my studio owner. Help!!!

re: I have to go to a competition and share a room with my studio owner. Help!!!
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 AM
Hi Libbie--I promise it won't be as awkward as you think it is! Your studio owner is a girl too so she knows about periods and isn't going to be weirded out by you being on yours. Hotels generally have bathrooms with closing doors so you can change in there. I bet you're just nervous because this is a new experience, but by the end I'm sure you'll see everything will be okay. Good luck at your comp!
re: I have to go to a competition and share a room with my studio owner. Help!!!
By Sumayah Comments: 6878, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:12 AM
Trust me, you on being on your period won't weird her out. I've had students ask me for tampons before. It's kind of a part of being a girl, no way around it. Change in the bathroom, no big deal. Don't stress it. :)
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:36 AM
I agree, I keep a stash of tampons and pads in my back stage kit for students who get caught short at competitions, they know where they are and that they can get them if they're needed.

Good luck at your competition!

ReplySendWatch