Forum: Irish / Irish - Beginners

Irish - Beginners
Having faith after being put down
By GreenDoll Comments: 2, member since Fri Aug 15, 2014
On Fri Aug 15, 2014 05:36 PM

I am an adult beginner (22) in an adulg beginners class. So i have this thing on my mind for a little bit while but a few days ago it completely destroyed me. The fact is, i am not very talnted. And thats fine, it doesnt really bother me that much. I faced ill never really go to feises much and stuff like that. But a few days ago my techer pretty much told me i am not talented and ill never dance well. Not in those words exactly but he did (there is no doubt in what he meant to say). And now i have no idea what to do. I really do feel like quiting dance because i dont really feel ill ever dance and that will ever look even decent. Did you have people saying you that? Did you ever feel that way? What did you do and what do you think i should do?

1 Replies to Having faith after being put down

re: Having faith after being put down
By Mariel4444 Comments: 583, member since Thu Aug 14, 2003
On Sun Aug 17, 2014 06:59 AM
If you enjoy dancing they you will just have to keep pushing through. Luckily I have a teacher that doesn't expect all us adult dancers to be champs so those of us who aren't as great can still come to class and enjoy ourselves. I've had people say things to me as well at class and I had to come to terms that I could either stop dancing but then I'm just hurting myself, or just keep going to class and enjoy myself

ReplySendWatch