Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

American Pride Feis in TN
By sarahrID
On Wed Aug 20, 2014 08:12 AM

Posting here and hoping to drum up some more interest! A number of the adults from my school in Atlanta are traveling up for the feis, so hopefully we'll have good adult numbers! We have 4 signed up and I think paid for novice horn pipe and 6 for the adult trad set. I'm not sure about the beginner and other novice levels. Also, if you know any adult prizewinners who are thinking of going, please encourage them to do so!! Right now, I am the only adult PW signed up for reel, jig, slip jig and treble jig, and I would LOVE to have someone to dance with. :)

Hoping to see lots of you in Nashville!

3 Replies to American Pride Feis in TN

re: American Pride Feis in TN
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 20, 2014 04:05 PM
Glad y'all are driving up for the feis! Here are the competitor numbers I have, as of today. All are paid numbers.
Novice Light Jig 3
Novice Reel 5
Novice Single Jig 2
Novice Treble Jig 3
Prizewinner Hornpipe 1
Novice Treble Reel 2
Beginner Reel 3
Beginner Light Jig 2
Beginner Single Jig 1
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Aug 20, 2014 06:36 PM
This will be my first feis in novice. I was adv. beginner as of Nation's Capital, but since this feis does have AB, so my TC said to sign up as novice. I don't feel ready yet!

There are also 3 paid for novice slip jig and hornpipe and 5 for nov/PW trad set special.
By DayOver30member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 21, 2014 04:35 PM
I went to this feis last year (there were 3 prizewinner competitors then) when it was in November, but between musical theater rehearsal and my neighborhood's yard sale, I won't be able to compete there this year. The hotel is incredible (I used to go there for clogging conventions when I was a kid), and the feis rate is so awesome, so I am kind of disappointed I am missing out, especially since it looks like there will be some more adults there this year. Have fun and good luck everyone!

ReplySendWatch