Forum: Advice / Ask a Judge

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: Stolen Choreography (karma: 1)
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Mon Sep 01, 2014 07:40 PM
I'm not a judge, or a teacher or even a parent to be honest so DDN may remove this post, but.....

How old is your daughter? At some point she is going to have to learn that not everyone is as great and honest as they appear to be. She'll learn this from significant others, classmates, coworkers, bosses maybe even other family members. I think your daughter has the right to know that her teacher isn't as wonderful as she thought. I think you should show the video to your daughter and ask what she thinks of it. If your daughter is planning on staying with the teacher until college, I'd assume she's probably close to high school age already, right? She may not be as delicate as you think she is. She might not have the same reaction as you. She might not care that the choreography was stolen. Or she may care a lot, and decide to make the decision ON HER OWN that she no longer wants to work with this teacher, or at the very least no longer wants her solo choreographed by her. If she finds out about it on her own (kids are good at at googling too) she might be furious if she found out that you knew about it and had her to continue to work with the teacher while she was in the dark. I know I would be. I understand that parents want to protect their children, especially since she's probably at an emotionally vulnerable age, but I think there's a lesson to be learned in all of this. Let your daughter know what you know and let her decide for herself how she feels about it and in what terms she might want to or not want to continue with the project. If she's old enough to choreograph, she's old enough to know all the facts about her choreographer.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch