Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Irish - Achievements
I'm back!! (karma: 1)
By Damhnaitmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 691, member since Sun Apr 22, 2007
On Sun Aug 24, 2014 09:44 PM

As I may have posted elsewhere already, I had to quit dance suddenly in the Fall of 2011 due to severe depression. It hurt because dance was what kept me happy, but the 45 minute drive alone was 45 minutes for my mind to be left to myself and I was too afraid to be alone driving that far.

But I've missed dance ever since. Annnddddd since I just got the confirmation email this morning, it's time to announce that I'm BACK. I now hope to be back in competition by next spring =) I am so through-the-roof excited that I get to wear my solo dress in competition for the FIRST TIME since I bought it custom made in 2011, I'm exited that I get to learn new steps, I'm excited that the tone in my legs will come back, I'm just FREAKING EXCITED! And I had to get this all out, haha!

3 Replies to I'm back!!

re: I'm back!!
By IrishLisa Comments: 206, member since Sat Dec 06, 2008
On Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:46 PM
WELCOME BACK!!! I love the enthusiasm in your post!! Best wishes in you journey!
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Mon Aug 25, 2014 06:18 PM
Thats wonderful news! I am glad you will be able to dance again! Will you still have to drive the same distance?
By Damhnaitmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 691, member since Sun Apr 22, 2007
On Mon Aug 25, 2014 07:50 PM
Nope. I've moved out of my home town and I will now be driving 2.5 hours to class. But I've been in therapy and have felt good about myself for a year or so now, so I'm confident I won't have issues emotionally with the long driving distance =)

ReplySendWatch