Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Girls Only
I don't know what to do. Underwear problems!!
By Dancey132 Comments: 7, member since Wed Aug 27, 2014
On Wed Aug 27, 2014 03:24 PM

I am not allowed to wear underwear under my booty shorts or tights. I am scared that when I get my period you will be able to see all the "flow". I don't want to use tampons yet and I really don't know what to do when I get my period...

4 Replies to I don't know what to do. Underwear problems!!

re: I don't know what to do. Underwear problems!!
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Aug 27, 2014 03:52 PM
You invest in a dance thong and get the pads designed for thongs. That way there's no panty line. If you have a heavier flow then get a dance brief to wear underneath. If you have concerns about being called out in class because of it, approach your teacher privately and explain that you are on your period and use pads, therefore, you need to wear an undergarment for a few days. The point of dance underwear is that it's invisible under your dancewear. They're not going to make you go without a pad and bleed everywhere.
By Jackie_dennis Comments: 9, member since Sun Nov 25, 2012
On Thu Sep 25, 2014 03:55 PM
You can talk to your studio owner and see if she will allow you to wear a thong. Thongs are a little less noticeable under spandex shorts. They make certain pads for thongs that you can find almost anywhere they sell pads and tampons. Your studio owner should be okay with this, she shouldn't force you to go on stage without protection. You could also trying putting in a tampon just to see how it feels. It is not as uncomfortable as it looks. They also make smaller ones for beginners. Hope this helps!
By Libbie1234 Comments: 2, member since Thu Aug 14, 2014
On Sat Sep 27, 2014 08:03 AM
At our studio we have a no underwear rule so if you have a reason why this rule needs to be ignored then you have to speak to the teacher before the class starts. Trust me they are all really understanding and will have heard it all before :)
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Sep 27, 2014 08:52 AM
This is why I prefer the rule of, "no visible undergarments." As long as I can't see them, then I am cool with it.

Thongs are good (if you are used to them). But, otherwise, I'd would go ahead and wear what you need to - as long as you can't see it. If the teacher mentions it, just tell her that you are not comfortable with out while on your period etc.

Though, tampons will make your (dance)life easier. I only wore pads for my first two periods then switched to tampons for dance. It's much more comfortable.

ReplySendWatch