Forum: Irish / Irish

Is it Possible to Receive Notices that Someone has Responded to your post?
By shamrockinmom
On Thu Aug 28, 2014 03:28 PM

I'm fairly new here and trying to get the lay of the land, but one thing that is difficult is coming and checking all the time for responses. Is there a way to be notified that a message is waiting of a response is needed? Please advise. Thanks.

4 Replies to Is it Possible to Receive Notices that Someone has Responded to your post?

re: Is it Possible to Receive Notices that Someone has Responded to your post?
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 28, 2014 03:48 PM
If you created the thread, you will get an email anytime anyone responds to your thread. If you have posted something in someone else's thread, you can "watch" the thread (pinkish button at the bottom left next to "reply" and "send") and you will get emails when someone responds to the thread.

Hope that helps!
By TuniePremium member
On Thu Aug 28, 2014 04:50 PM
^ Not quite correct; you only receive emails when someone responds to your own thread if your settings are set up that way. To automatically get email notifications when someone responds to a thread that you create, click "settings" on the left of your screen, then the "Messaging" tab, then choose which emails you'd like to receive in the box labeled "Emails we may send you."
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Aug 28, 2014 05:56 PM
ahh, thanks Tunie. I must have set mine up that way, back when I first joined DDN. It was long enough ago that I didn't remember!
By shamrockinmom
On Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:01 AM
Thanks so much -- went in and took care of it! Mucho appreciated!

SRM

ReplySendWatch