Forum: Advice / Beauty

Beauty
piercings
By highland_dancer5 Comments: 217, member since Mon Mar 10, 2014
On Fri Sep 05, 2014 04:59 PM

Hiya people,
I really want to either get my third holes done in my ears, or a helix? Which would you choose?

5 Replies to piercings

re: piercings
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Sep 06, 2014 02:10 PM
I have both, so, both. Hah...how far are you out from competition season? My helix healed harder than my third hole did, so if you're right in on competition season, I'd go third hole now, and helix later. If competition season is no great concern, then maybe a helix?
On Sat Sep 06, 2014 07:47 PM
I do highland so I'm always competing, I can cover studs with Band-Aids though, I feel like that would hurt with a helix though.
By Jackie_dennis Comments: 9, member since Sun Nov 25, 2012
On Fri Sep 26, 2014 08:31 PM
Hello!

I have a triple helix piercing and I absolutely love it. If you already have your ear double pierced, I would say go for the helix. It switches things up a little. The helix didn't hurt too bad, but it took a while to heal. Make sure you take care of it well because these can easily become infected. I remember mine kept bleeding for a while after I got it done. And be careful dressing and undressing, the helix easily gets caught on clothes, and that HURTS!! Hope this helps!
On Fri Oct 03, 2014 07:39 PM
Thanks for your help! I think I'm going to get it for my birthday in a few months :)
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:30 PM
My daughter s competing highland dancer, too, and she got her helix done 2 weeks before a three day comp. She put a small piece of physio/strapping tape on it on Friday and it was still there Sunday! Better than a bandaid, as it's cloth based so moulds better to the shape of the ear.

ReplySendWatch