Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Wanted

Ballet - Wanted
NEEDED:Pointe Shoes
By twilight14 Comments: 4, member since Tue Sep 16, 2014
On Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:09 AM
Edited by twilight14 (270036) on 2014-09-16 11:26:15

Hello! I am wondering if anyone would be willing to donate multiple pairs of used old pointe shoes for a sculpture/photography course I am doing . I plan on having a small triangular mountain of dead pointe shoes as the base and my newest pointe shoes for my next recital proudly in the en pointe position on the top ;) I unfortunately didn't keep my pointe shoes from previous recitals/contests safe enough as they all went into my loft and some are unrecognisable and some are just plain old lost :( So if you would like I can send you photos of the completed work. This is a fairly new account so I won't be able to message you yet, but we could work it out on here or I could maybe give you my email?
(of course I'd better mention before people go assuming despite the fact that I can dance perfectly well en pointe these shoes are only for art hence I didn't specify I size they're just for art and I don't care what size they're .However very big sizes won't be useable as I want them line up and not be very odd shapes and sizes I just want a few odd shoes not a size 9 next to a size 3 ect.Thanks :)

4 Replies to NEEDED:Pointe Shoes

re: NEEDED:Pointe Shoes
By IAWatters Comments: 2, member since Mon Dec 23, 2013
On Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:47 PM
Have you found your mountain of dead shoes? I just might be able to help you, you could write to me at ian@acherwatters.com. I needed the very same thing a couple years ago and a dear friend of mine on faculty of NYC's largest ballet school delivered 2 boxes of 85 pairs of dead shoes EACH BOX! :)

Let me know if I can be of help to you!

Ian
On Tue Nov 11, 2014 09:55 AM
I haven't yet found my mountain of dead shoes no, it would be great if you're able to do anything to help as my problem is actually that I am based in the UK which poses a slight problem here as there isn't too many big dance academies particularly as I live in the north of England not a place well known for ballet,maybe you know people in the UK or Europe? if so feel free to let me know, thanks for your help.
By taxi4ballet Comments: 137, member since Fri Sep 07, 2012
On Tue Nov 11, 2014 04:33 PM
You could try asking Northern Ballet in Leeds.
On Fri Nov 28, 2014 01:52 PM
They have a recital soon but they trade their old pointe shoes into recycling for new pointe shoes and I'm not sure if it's a contract and they have to give their shoes for recycling or can give them away. I wrote them a letter recently so we'll see.

ReplySendWatch