How do you charge for competition rehearsal hours?
By sillyfeet482
On 09/20/2014 22:13:53
I'm training one of my teachers this year to take over as competition director next year. She has proposed that we start charging differently for competition rehearsals vs. class tuition. Right now, we use the same charging structure for classes and rehearsals- a sliding tuition scale based on the number of hours a student spends in class. How do you charge for competition rehearsals?
re: How do you charge for competition rehearsal hours?
By dancingwithhope
On 09/27/2014 11:26:16
I just started charging hourly for the competition rehearsals this year. I am only charging $5 per hour of rehearsal per dancer. I don't know if this is the best way but this way their tuition is for classes and the fees are for rehearsal time. I would love to hear how others do it!
re: How do you charge for competition rehearsal hours?
By wedance09
On 09/30/2014 11:47:53
We charge a monthly rate per competition dance (excluding solos). The rate is based on how many kids are in each dance. Example - We have a small group of 5 dancers. THey pay a monthly tuition for that competition dance of $21. They will pay that fee for 9 months (Sept-May). All of these classes are on the weekends. Total yearly income ($189 Per student) for this one dance is $945 (costume is not included in this price, that is separate). This covers any choreography fees, every rehearsal/practice to learn and clean the piece. Also, covers the cost of a teacher being at all of the competitions with this dance. We plan to compete this dance four times this year. When all is said and done we probably do not "profit" from this dance or any other competition dance. In the end, I usually lose money on all competition dances. However, if I didn't have a competition team, we would lose kids to our competitors that do compete.

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/24/2022 14:58:49