Forum: Ballet / Costumes

Costumes
Halloween costume ideas for class
By kathyheartballet Comments: 133, member since Sat Jun 04, 2011
On Mon Sep 22, 2014 07:28 PM

Hi everyone! So my studio lets us wear costumes on Halloween during class, but I'm completely stumped this year and I have no idea what I should be! I'm just looking for some costume ideas that are simple/ don't require going out and buying a lot, creative, and easy to dance in. Thanks!

5 Replies to Halloween costume ideas for class

re: Halloween costume ideas for class
By T_spoon Comments: 24, member since Tue Sep 02, 2014
On Fri Sep 26, 2014 06:54 PM
You could always try a ballet costume like the black or white swan, Clara, The Sugar Plum Fairy, or whatever. Those are just some ideas! Hope I helped!
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Sep 27, 2014 07:33 AM
If you are looking for easy and simple, try being a cat. Black long (or short) sleeved leo, black tights, (all which you probably already own), then a tail and some pointy cat ears. Then for make up, draw on some whiskers, and maybe play up your eyebrows a bit, and make a pointy nose. Then maybe add a little bell on a plain chain necklace. Done. Simplicity in itself!!

You could also try some type of ghoul make-up and go the zombie cat route if you wanted to play it up a bit more.
By travelbug Comments: 25, member since Sun Sep 11, 2005
On Tue Sep 30, 2014 02:56 AM
There are some really good ideas on the dance wear websites
By SugarplumDreams Comments: 59, member since Sat Mar 09, 2013
On Sat Oct 04, 2014 05:14 PM
I say,go for a Black Swan costume! It's well known,and it has something to do with ballet.
By vivien_o Comments: 51, member since Sat Jun 14, 2014
On Sun Oct 05, 2014 09:59 AM
Or, you could go as one of the dancers in Degas' paintings! It's easily recognizable and easy to dance in.

ReplySendWatch