Forum: Irish / Irish

New Style of Headbands?
By painter308member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:50 PM

Wonder if anyone has any other pics of this new style of embroidered with crystal headbands? I'm trying to gather examples to have one made. I like that these are kind of a throwback to years ago!

Thanks!

4 Replies to New Style of Headbands?

re: New Style of Headbands?
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Sep 23, 2014 02:55 AM
If your dressmaker has been around for a while they probably remember how to make them from way back when :)
By JenBlackerbymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Sep 23, 2014 08:06 AM
I made myself one inspired by Nadine martins
By Damhnaitmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Sep 23, 2014 08:42 PM
So I saw these and thought to myself "oh no, not the crowns again. No one is going to want to wear a crown again". I ran upstairs to where I have my older solo dress and pulled out the crown and put it on in a mocking tone. I looked at myself in the mirror and.... you know, if I put some tear drop crystals on it and altered how I put my wig on to make it even higher to go over the crown, it'd look really elegant.

And this is why you should never judge an Irish dance fashion change until you see it on yourself.
By rosalinde
On Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:02 AM
They're pretty easy to make, although you'll need an embroidery machine if you want the exact look.

You need:
* scrap of stiffener (or thin plastic or cardboard), cut out in the shape of the crown
* scraps of fabric to cover both sides of the stiffener
* Bondaweb/Vliesofix
* decoration
* few small bits of elastic

Draw the shape of your crown on some paper. I used to do just half and then mirror it to get a good symmetry.
Decorate one piece of fabric, but don't put any stones on yet.
Fuse the decorated fabric to the stiffener and fuse the other, plain, bit of fabric to the back of the stiffener.
Finish the edges. Put stones on, and sew on small loops of elastic to both ends and one in the center to bobby pin the crown to the wig.

Making crowns and any other kind of headband is really easy and very rewarding, since it takes minimal sewing skills, not much time (an afternoon can do) and you can instantly add something new and trendy to your look without spending $$$$.

ReplySendWatch