Forum: Irish / Irish

Show me your trophy shelf!
By JenBlackerbymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 25, 2014 09:33 AM

Trying to convince my Father In Law to build me a trophy shelf for Christmas, but need ideas :D

8 Replies to Show me your trophy shelf!

re: Show me your trophy shelf!
By Realtreble
On Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:39 AM
Not to get your father-in-law off the hook, but have you checked the shelf selection at IKEA?

www.ikea.com . . .

If you don't have an IKEA nearby, Amazon carries some of these styles. OR, better yet, give me a shopping list and I'll go for you! (Shipping extra.)
By byudawn
On Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:55 AM
Edited by byudawn (224140) on 2014-09-25 11:02:43
We don't do many Feis, so she doesn't have tons, but we love this shelf my husband made years ago originally for my kitchen with all the pegs to hang the grades/team medals. :) (half are from gymnastics). Her Irish bear holds the sashes on the side. The larger trophies, "O" crystals, platters, etc she puts on top of her desk (which I think is from IKEA a few years ago?)
By KayWrites1989
On Fri Sep 26, 2014 08:16 AM
I'm so glad someone posted this. I totally want something like the picture above for Christmas too. I've been saving all my competitor numbers and everything!
By JenBlackerbymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 26, 2014 08:26 AM
My MIL replied with "I guess I need to know stain and dimensions" so hopefully its happening :D :D I'm hoping for one with the bar across the bottom for sashes. BTW I found the pic on google.
By califeisgirl
On Fri Sep 26, 2014 01:59 PM
Mine are in my parents house in a repurposed antique gun cabinet, along with my brothers trophies from whatever they were doing to earn a trophy. It is a bit overflowing.
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Sep 26, 2014 03:27 PM
Mine are on a shelving unit.
Unfortunately these are in out cloakroom so not on display, but a good shelving unit is always a great option because of the extra storage for other things too.
My sashes are hung on a curtain rail in my room
By newdancingmom
On Fri Sep 26, 2014 04:51 PM
I have a narrow dining room buffet/hutch? - drawer and doors on the bottom, and glass doors with shelving on top. It's still in my dining room but I will be turning it into a trophy display case. Maybe check out old furniture at tag sales, thrift shops, antique stores.
By chevrechevalmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 06, 2014 07:24 AM
Thanks for posting this request. Our entire family competes in feisanna. We could do a shelf for each family member, at this point. Right now, we have a shelf for each year. But, we have done pretty well this year. RIght now, most of our trophies are at our dance studio, in town. But, after this month, they will all be returning home.

ReplySendWatch