Forum: Irish / Irish

Moving to prelim
By Gracie0214
On Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:45 AM

Curious. How many 1sts do dancers in each region need to earn to move from open/prizewinner to prelim? In the SR, dancers need one 1st in heavies and one 1st in lights.

6 Replies to Moving to prelim

re: Moving to prelim
By RocknMyPoodleSoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Oct 06, 2014 01:58 PM
I'm from the Southern Region and I had to get a first in each dance (reel, slip jig, hornpipe, treble jig) before I was able to move to prelim.
By boleyngrrl
On Mon Oct 06, 2014 02:43 PM
Most TCs have requirements that supersede regional rules as long as they are more rigorous. For instance, MWR requires one first in each shoe (one hard, one soft). My TC required 2 firsts in each dance (so 10 total, including trad set firsts).
By ReelJiggered
On Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:29 AM
It depends on the school AND the region. I'm in the Mid-Atlantic region, which requires one first in a hard shoe dance and a soft shoe dance (2 total), but my school requires a LOT more than that: 4 firsts in each dance (16 total).
By twinkletoes2021
On Sat Oct 18, 2014 03:30 PM
I'm in Western Canada and you have to win two treble jig trophies in one feis year before you can move up to prelim. In can be pretty difficult.
By luckycharms5
On Sat Oct 18, 2014 05:58 PM
In Mid-atlantic, but our TC requires 1 1st in each dance.
By Ma23peas
On Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:39 PM
In SR, I know the minimum is 1 win for each of soft/hard...however, have seen girls win well over 4 firsts in each and not be promoted. Some TCs feel they should stay in PW for a full year regardless of placements so they do not get stuck in Prelims.

ReplySendWatch