Forum: Adults / Weddings

Weddings
Engaged! (karma: 1)
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Tue Oct 07, 2014 05:12 AM

I know I haven't posted in a long time, life has been crazy busy. But in all that busy time, I proposed! We went to the place we had our first date and I proposed at dinner. We are hoping for a summer 2016 date, we don't want to rush planning or anything. Also, we are planning long distance (we live in the burbs of DC and are getting married near Boston) so we want all the time we need. We are going to have 2 receptions, one at the time of the wedding in MA, and one back here near DC afterwards.

8 Replies to Engaged!

re: Engaged!
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:57 PM
I saw this on FB. Congrats! I remember when we were all suggesting dating sites for you not too long ago and look at you now! Just in time for VA to legalize too, though I see your doing Boston instead.

P.S. I forgot if you ever answered on FB, but which ring is yours? I love that you both have one and that they are different. I love them both.
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Tue Oct 07, 2014 02:00 PM
Congratulations! How exciting! I love that you are having receptions in DC and MA. We did the same thing when we got married, but in reverse. We lived in DC then and we got married there and had the first reception immediately after. The next weekend we had another reception in MA, where I grew up. I wish you much joy.
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Tue Oct 07, 2014 04:48 PM
I didn't answer because no one guessed haha. Hers has the rose gold band on it, mine is the diamond shaped one. I like that they compliment each other well but they aren't too matchy matchy. We actually did meet on okcupid, and I couldn't be happier. She makes me so happy.

Tansey that is so funny! Where in MA abouts? I had never been there before we took a trip at the end of this summer.
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12956, member since Wed Mar 17, 2004
On Tue Oct 07, 2014 06:32 PM
Congratulations! Your ring is giving me major Wonder Woman vibes and I love it!
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:16 AM
So many congratulations! Y'all look so happy in your pictures and the rings are gorgeous!!
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 AM
If I can answer for Tansey, I believe she told me she got married at my college, Stonehill in Easton, MA. And now I live in DC lol. We have opposite lives.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:38 PM
SO happy for you! I know you've gone through a lot to find the gal of your dreams! :)
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:35 AM
Edited by Tansey (209516) on 2014-10-15 11:39:03
Amylia wrote:

Tansey that is so funny! Where in MA abouts? I had never been there before we took a trip at the end of this summer.

We got married in a civil ceremony in DC with a reception afterward one weekend. My mother was devastated when we planned a DC wedding as a lot of MA friends and relatives couldn't attend, so we planned a 2nd reception here in MA for them. I wore my dress twice. Why not? While we were at it we had a very small Catholic wedding ceremony at Stonehill College's beautiful chapel in Easton (25ish miles south of Boston). As Moonlite Fairy said, it's her alma mater. It's also my brother's and my sister-in-law's alma mater.

Your rings are lovely. I wish you a lifetime of happiness together.

ReplySendWatch