Forum: Highland / Highland - Adult Dancers

Highland - Adult Dancers
Ghillie recommendations?
By gordongillies Comments: 78, member since Thu Aug 19, 2004
On Thu Oct 09, 2014 02:03 PM

I was wondering if anyone could make a recommendation for buying new ghillies. ..I have been putting it off for a 'hole' lot of time!

I'm no longer competing and have only the occasional performance planned so I can usually make them last forever. Also, I have been using dance 'shoes' (but not the big sneaker style) during most lessons so I didn't really think I needed new ghillies, as every year, I am unsure if I'll dance again!

As my poor legs turn 40 next week, I think it is time to consider something with extra shock absorbing powers or ultra comfort. I do have a pretty high arch and kind of wide foot, and I do like them a bit tight. I am hesitant to pick anything too expensive as my daughter seems to be going and growing through her ghillies like mad!

I suppose everyone has different preferences, but it seems there are a lot more choices and science involved these days! Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

1 Replies to Ghillie recommendations?

re: Ghillie recommendations?
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Thu Oct 09, 2014 09:51 PM
My hullachans have lasted 5 years. As soon as I got them my shin splints went away. I get them from Celtic corner which have some of the older models, that's the best price I have found for them. I do not like toe and heel golds, they stretch too fast and the full padding has come loose and wrinkled. Billy Forsyth doesn't have padding and is too pointy toed for me.

I am sending you a pm about dancers over 30 info.

ReplySendWatch