Forum: Irish / Irish Photos - Members

Look who I found! (karma: 2)
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Oct 09, 2014 07:15 PM

Lorna_Doone and I crossed paths in Baltimore last weekend! We were both a little preoccupied, but we were able to get at least a few minutes to chat. It was great to meet you! Hopefully we'll be able to see each other around in the future :)

3 Replies to Look who I found!

re: Look who I found!
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:37 PM
Crossing my fingers for you both!!! Looks like the SR was well represented at the exam!
re: Look who I found! (karma: 1)
By lorna_doonemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Oct 11, 2014 09:25 PM
We look so calm, given the circumstances ;)

From my experience, the exam went well. Written had a few trick questions on it which I didn't appreciate but overall I'm pretty sure I passed. Music was fine no problems there. Solo dancing went ok although I tripped on the floor (Marley taped onto a raised transportable ballroom dancing floor- the Marley had some bubbles/wrinkles in it where I tripped over it) so as long as they don't take off many points for that I think I did fine. I got 3 Sea Captains and Job as my trad sets. For solo teaching, I got 2 OC for hornpipe and the same for slip jig. Those went fine. Ceili teaching I walked in super confident and left feeling not so great. I got st pats body and harvest time jig. I taught both correctly, but one of the judges stopped me every other move and said "are you happy with the way they danced that?" Which threw me off because frankly, I was VERY pleased with my dancers. All were at least at a Prelim level and it was clear that all had done ceilis before. I'm not sure if the judge asked that just to grow me off or if she truly saw something that needed fixing, but each time I had them repeat a movement, there was no error. Not even in footwork. So I'm hoping she was just trying to un-nerve me. That was the only part I didn't feel great about.
Guess I'll find out in December :/

ReplySendWatch