Poll: Irish / Irish - Feiseanna

What level are you in? How long did it take you to get there?
By CarleIrishDancer Comments: 36, member since Tue Aug 12, 2014
On Fri Oct 17, 2014 06:51 PM

Just wondering which kind of dancers are on dance.net. I'm a Novice and I've been in the category for 1 out of the 2 full years I've danced. Comment on how long it took you to get to your category.

7 Replies to What level are you in? How long did it take you to get there?

re: What level are you in? How long did it take you to get there?
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2550, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Fri Oct 17, 2014 08:14 PM
I'm in OC and it took me 16 years (with injury years in that count) dancing to get there. I think had at least 1 dance in Novice for ~2-3 years. Dang that reel. I already had my firsts in hardshoe required to move to prelim, but my reel was still in novice.
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 827, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Sat Oct 18, 2014 08:04 AM
I dance in open Championship, I compete in open platform competitions.
I have been dancing for 19 years and been with 3 different schools in different organisations. I reached open champs in first school and then moved to comisuin and got moved down to intermediate/preliminary. Just won out of that when I was 14 then broke my leg So took a year out and moved to open platform and compete in open champs now
By LMallaburn Comments: 22, member since Sat Aug 15, 2015
On Sun Aug 16, 2015 05:29 PM
My daughter is prelim and she has started and stopped over several years. However, since she has been serious about it, it has only taken her about a year
By mrstaggart Comments: 24, member since Fri Sep 04, 2015
On Thu Sep 10, 2015 07:45 PM
My daughter started in Advanced Beginner 4 1/2 years ago. Now she is in Prizewinner and two 1st place dances away from PC.
By StrattonBlack Comments: 59, member since Mon Apr 22, 2013
On Fri Sep 11, 2015 09:01 AM
My daughter is in prelim and it took her three years to get there. She has a crazy-intense teacher whom we love. :)
By KayWrites1989 Comments: 34, member since Thu Apr 10, 2014
On Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:30 PM
I'm an advanced beginner learning novice dances and I've dancing for a year and a half.
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:49 PM
I have been dancing forever (well 10 years) but started competing in adults. I dropped down into &overs 5 years ago. Everything is in PW except the dang SJ.

ReplySendWatch