Forum: General / Hip Hop / Hip Hop

Hip Hop
New to hip hop. Please help me! (Need Tips and pointers)
By OnMyway Comments: 1, member since Tue Oct 21, 2014
On Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 AM
Edited by OnMyway (271015) on 2014-10-21 10:48:19

Hi guys!

First, I hope everyone is good. I recently started dancing hip hop (Took one modern dance class in university as an elective.. got an A.. but not because I was good, but because I never skipped classes and always practiced. My teacher told me that i'm not a dancer) I'm having 3 problems..

I noticed several patterns when it comes to learning choreography. I have a hard time keeping up during the session. I mean, when we break the steps down, it's all good. The problem is when I come to perform the steps altogether with AND without music. So I just stand there and my mind goes blank.

Another problem I have is that I don't really memorize the entire choreography. I remember specific steps.. so when it's time to practice.. I forget a lot of parts.

The third problem I have is that when I DO manage to memorize the choreography and it comes to perform. I do most of it but all of a sudden, it's like I forget this one tiny part of the dance. Then I find myself looking at the person in front of me to help me finish it.

Please help! I'm so frustrated with this. I've been wanting to dance all my life but money was always a problem. Now I finally have that chance and I do want to work on myself! I know I can do it if I really put my mind to it. I don't care if it takes 6 hours everyday. I WANT to do it.

Ps: English is not my first language so I'm sorry for all the mistakes. Also, I'm sorry for the long post.

1 Replies to New to hip hop. Please help me! (Need Tips and pointers)

re: New to hip hop. Please help me! (Need Tips and pointers)
By PhenomenalTK Comments: 2, member since Thu Nov 06, 2014
On Thu Nov 06, 2014 09:03 PM
What city do you live in?

ReplySendWatch