Forum: Irish / Irish - Achievements

Irish - Achievements
top 5 placements in my organisations nationals
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 827, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:35 AM

Hi guys just thought I would come on here to share some good results I have had recently as you are all so supportive of me and I really appreciate it.

Anyway as you all know I dance open platform so that means I can compete at the "national" championships for more than one organisation.
So this year I competed at CRDM British Open Championships and also at the WIDA British Open Championships.
At these 2 competitions we had to dance at least 2 solo dances the same as in grades and then compete in the championship as well.

I haven't competed at competitions of this level for a few years so was a little nervous and very pleased/surprised with how I did overall.

At the CRDM British Open I danced treble jig and treble reel as solos I placed 6th and 4th respectively in those dances so was very please with that.
The championship at this was only made if 2 rounds though it was a light round and then a traditional set round.
This suited me well as my stamina still isn't great and I ended up getting 3rd place in the senior mens championship.

At the WIDA British open I compete reel, treble jig, hornpipe and trad set solo dances and placed 5th in reel, 2nd in treble jig and 2nd in hornpipe.
Our championship for this was 4 rounds.
I was in under 25 and we had to dance reel, hornpipe traditional set (we did the white blanket) and a modern set on recall.
This was more difficult for me as we had to dance all 48 bars of reel and 40 bars of hornpipe which I haven't done in years lol.
So I completed all 4 rounds and came 4th place on the championship.

All in all I am very pleased with how I have done and am looking forward to competing in the other majors that I have now qualified for.

I also wanted to say thank you to you all on here for giving me the confidence to carry on after having an injury and feeling bad about my dancing. This has definitely boosted my self confidence.

any way thanks again and sorry this post was so long

Jono

3 Replies to top 5 placements in my organisations nationals

re: top 5 placements in my organisations nationals
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 827, member since Wed May 24, 2006
On Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 AM
I have no Idea why the photo is wonky.

the yellow sash and smaller trophy are from the WIDA British Open and the blue sash and cup with the ribbons is from the CRDM British Open
By IrishLizzymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3559, member since Wed Jul 28, 2004
On Wed Oct 29, 2014 01:17 PM
Congratulations! You'll need to build a room to fit all the hardware you're collecting (something my first dance teacher used to say about her students when we did well :P )
On Thu Oct 30, 2014 02:36 PM
thanks irishlizzy I have 2 big shelves that are now full so going to have to start a new one for my new trophies lol and a box of sashes

ReplySendWatch