Forum: Irish / Irish Photos - Members

just a few pictures/selfies from my recent feis adventures
By lightfoot_champmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 30, 2014 03:40 PM

I just thought I would post a few photos from my last couple of competitions.

1. This was before I danced at the CRDM British Open Championships
2. This is the top 3 of the championship, there were both amazing and the guy in 2nd I compete against all the time we are great friends.
3. This was me in my hotel lobby where i was staying for the WIDA British Open Championships.
4. This is me and one of my closest friends, we used to compete against each other and she has since become a qualified teacher, I go and stay with her all the time and even judged her schools class feis.
5. This was me enjoying a beer in the bar with my dad after the first day of competition, naughty naughty me for drinking the night before a championships lol

6 Replies to just a few pictures/selfies from my recent feis adventures

re: just a few pictures/selfies from my recent feis adventures
On Thu Oct 30, 2014 03:49 PM
1. this is me and a good friend who competes a couple of ages above me, we haven't seen each other in a while but always have a great laugh together, plus the both of us are always injured and falling apart lol.
2. me and my good friend, we are often against each other and literally didnt stop laughing the whole weekend, especially when we came joint 5th in the reel on the 1st day.
3. this is us striking a pose lol.
4. this is a group selfie, it was a group of teachers and me, DDN member clazfaz is in this photo we though it was funny as we are all wearing glasses.
5. this is me and the other teacher at my school Jess, she has worked so hard with me and is always so supportive. I owe her alot and it was so nice she came to support me.
6. this is me after I had completed all 4 championship rounds I went outside to get some fresh air and to find my parents.
7. this is me on 4th place with my trophy and sash.

hope you like the pics, also hope i dont look too vain with all the photos, i had to do a running commentary for my family and friends who werent there
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Oct 30, 2014 05:07 PM
Congrats on your placement!

You seem like a dancer after my heart: a glasses wearer who loves beer before and after dancing :)
On Thu Oct 30, 2014 05:12 PM
Ah thanks lol.
I have always wore my glasses to dance in.

It's funny because i don't normally drink beer I'm much more of a fan of wine, but because of the higher alcohol content I won't drink it before big competitions and stick to something weaker lol
By StepdancerPremium member
On Thu Oct 30, 2014 07:33 PM
Congratulations, and not just on your awards--congrats on managing to dance and have fun at the same time. Too often we Irish dancers are all work and no play. Cheers!
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Oct 31, 2014 08:09 AM
Jono, your pictures and posts always make me smile. :) Keep being awesome!
On Sun Nov 02, 2014 09:59 AM
Thanks guys I do always try to have fun.
It's easy though because me and my fellow competitors are all friends.
I definitely enjoy the fun of competitions, in fact I look forward to meeting up with all my friends weeks before the event lol.

ReplySendWatch