Forum: Advice / Cars & Driving

Cars & Driving
Got my license!
By theresemarie Comments: 358, member since Tue Feb 03, 2009
On Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:38 PM

I posted about a year ago on what info I needed for my permit. Well, I got my license and passed the test quite well done yesterday. I will be taking my first solo journey today to work. I'm slightly nervous, but I keep reassuring myself-it's only two miles away.

Got any tips for new drivers?

3 Replies to Got my license!

re: Got my license!
By Natashamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2613, member since Fri Dec 31, 2004
On Thu Nov 13, 2014 05:13 PM
Congratulations to you! Freedom, haha!

Stay alert, don't text and drive and be calm and confident. Nothing is worse than a nervous, super slow driver.

You'll be GREAT!
By hummingbird Comments: 10419, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Nov 13, 2014 09:49 PM
Congratulations.

I still remember that feeling when I got into the car on my own for the first time after my test. OMG there's no one here to remind me what to do if I forget, it's all on me now! Tips I would give you are don't be too worried, the examiner had confidence in you, you need to have confidence in you too :)
By theresemarie Comments: 358, member since Tue Feb 03, 2009
On Fri Nov 14, 2014 06:19 AM
I did just fine driving to and from work. I was more scared last week when I had to walk in the rain to work. I think I remembered more driving by myself than with my parent; maybe being a pedestrian for so long helped me to be more mindful of other cars on the road.

ReplySendWatch