Forum: Arts / Fashion

Fashion
Summer dress in snowy weather?
By SwordInStone Comments: 192, member since Thu Aug 11, 2011
On Fri Nov 21, 2014 09:02 AM

Hello!

I live in Northern Europe and it's snowing pretty hard right now. This whole summer I've been wearing one dress almost every day (I've got three of them), and I was wondering if it's appropriate for winter if I layer with tights, Doc Marten boots and things like these. Here's the dress:

item.taobao.com . . .

The women here wear short skirts, sometimes with very sheer tights, so I thought my dress might not be too thin. However, their fabrics are usually thicker-looking (not necessarily thicker), so I wasn't sure if mine would be out of place. Also, interiors are sometimes really hot, and I always roll up my sleeves anyway.

Would wearing the yellow dress look stupid or is it fine?

Thanks in advance, would be really looking forward to your opinions.

3 Replies to Summer dress in snowy weather?

re: Summer dress in snowy weather?
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:48 PM
It really depends on how much you feel the cold, I know friends of mine who could wear that dress with tights and a cardigan with no problem, I couldn't, I would freeze! Having said that you could layer a lose sweater over it and that might work. As I said it depends on how much you feel the cold.
By SwordInStone Comments: 192, member since Thu Aug 11, 2011
On Sun Nov 23, 2014 09:48 AM
So you mean as long as I'm not shivering or something, I wouldn't look stupid?

Thanks for the answer. And I understand what you mean; some people here are wearing wool sweaters with layers underneath, and I'm sitting next to them wearing one cotton shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Gets pretty funny sometimes.
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:41 AM
No you wouldn't look silly, it's a cute dress.

ReplySendWatch