Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Food & Beverage
I did something this Thanksgiving that I never did before.
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sat Nov 29, 2014 07:39 PM

This Thanksgiving my sister wanted to make a turkey breast like she saw on Food Network. The turkey was deboned and stuffed and they kept saying it would take 25 min. to cook. However, when I went to buy 2 turkey breasts, I forgot to ask the butcher to debone them. My sister had a fit! I told her I couldn't find the butcher but on-line I found a video on how to debone them. Guess what we did? We both deboned them! They probably didn't look as pretty as on the Food Network but we stuffed them, rolled them up, trussed them up and cooked them anyway. Nobody saw them at the point when they were deboned anyway. We saved all the bones and froze them so my mom can make turkey noodle soup.

I'd like to say how yummy it all came out but we had problems. 25 min. was not long enough and after 1 hour it was till pink in the middle! We checked the temperature and even had the guy from the store where we bought it come out a few days later to check the temperature. It wasn't off. The turkey was a little dry but with my sisters yummy gravy it was good.

Would I debone the turkey again? Not if I could help it but I did it! It was so amazing that we did it. Just wanted to brag a little.

1 Replies to I did something this Thanksgiving that I never did before.

re: I did something this Thanksgiving that I never did before.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:14 PM
Nice! Finding out that you can do something you never thought you could do is always satisfying, isn't it? :)

ReplySendWatch