Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Members

Ballet Photos - Members
do you like my costume for ballet recital?
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Sat Sep 22, 2007
On Tue Dec 02, 2014 04:44 PM
Edited by Tomballet (185805) on 2014-12-02 16:48:47 some text..

Hello,

Is my outfit ok for a ballet recital? With others words, do you like my outfit?
Have some others pics too, without the tunic(skirt) underneath, maybe it should be better without the "skirt"? I can post some without to compare it. So if you want?

I just want the best one for the recital..

Thanks,
Tomballet.

3 Replies to do you like my costume for ballet recital?

re: do you like my costume for ballet recital?
By portdebras Comments: 21, member since Tue Dec 02, 2014
On Wed Dec 03, 2014 01:18 AM
it is fantastic! Wonderful!
By Storm_Trouper Comments: 808, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:40 PM
Edited by Storm_Trouper (249942) on 2014-12-03 22:42:01
What is the role (character) you will perform? Or the name of the ballet your recital dance is to be taken from? Or the name of the music? Or whatever idea inspired the choreography? Can you share this?

To me, the skirt works the best when it is meant to represent a customary costume of a particular historical period or character role (like a soldier) provided your dance is meant to portray an actual historical era versus a fantasy time period.

Without the skirt, greater attention can be paid to your torso line and leg silhouette, especially if your dance involves fouetté or á la second turns where your straightened leg is outstretched to the side; or a grand jetté. If you spin multiple pirouettes or tours en l'air, the skirt will probably fly up at the front and back, which gives a certain effect I think.

So it all depends on what you are trying to share with your audience artistically perhaps.
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Sat Sep 22, 2007
On Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:52 AM
Well it's just something we inspired ourselfs with class. We should do Ivanhoe, but our version of course :) and yes I have to dance..

ReplySendWatch