Forum: Advice / Emergency

Emergency
Gift giving at work
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sat Dec 20, 2014 05:13 PM
Edited by majere (186163) on 2014-12-20 17:25:31
Edited by majere (186163) on 2014-12-20 19:02:24
Locked by majere (186163) on 2014-12-21 22:54:34 Got some gifts.

Okay, I based mine off of last year. I got everyone a pretty card and a chocolate bar from the Russell Stover store. Our manager is getting us pretty land yards and let us pick them out so we know they cost 18$. One lady got us all a cool mug. One have us all an ornament and the other Xmas socks. New guy got us all a 20$ gift card for a restaurant. Which make us all go "well crap."

One lady then got us something extra from bath and body works (don't know what she go the guy).

Should I get everyone something else too?

Sorry using my phone to post.

EDIT: I put this in emergency because I only work one more day before Christmas (Monday). So tomorrow or Monday morning is my only chance to buy something else.

3 Replies to Gift giving at work

re: Gift giving at work (karma: 2)
By LoriCook Comments: 1762, member since Mon Aug 17, 2009
On Sat Dec 20, 2014 09:14 PM
Lottery scratch off tickets. Everyone loves the idea of winning but they are only a dollar each. I gave them to everyone one year and some people won a few dollars. It was fun.
re: Gift giving at work (karma: 1)
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sun Dec 21, 2014 06:11 PM
Don't make yourself broke doing this.

The lottery tickets are a good idea. I often make a whole lot of banana bread or do cellophane bags of homemade cookies.. six is enough in those bags.

Some other silly but always appreciated... those car air fresheners that look like Christmas trees... you can personalize them with stickers or whatever. Hand sanitizer in personal sizes... almost a must when working with the public... funny pens or pencils... check out office supply stores for fun stuff.
Candy, coffee or fast food cards... you can do as little as %5.00. Sometimes I fold a bill into a dove or a shirt or a frog (Origami)and put it in a little box. I write a small note that says, "Instead of thinking of this as 'the thoughtless gift of cash', please consider it a gift certificate to the establishment of your choice."

How many gifts do you need?

Good luck

Keep On Dancing*
re: Gift giving at work (karma: 1)
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Sun Dec 21, 2014 07:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. I went to a Thunder game tonight and bought the pack of ornaments. Six and I needed 5 gifts, so I can have one too!

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed