Forum: Arts / Body Art

Body Art
Cartilage piercing/am I being realistic?
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:58 PM

Hey all! Quick question, so that I don't get laughed out of the tattoo studio.

I got my rook pierced in August 2009. I kept it in, same jewelry and everything, until late April 2014, when they had to take it out for surgery. I meant to go to a piercer and get it put back in a few days later, but it was a much harder recovery than I anticipated so it wasn't really on my mind. I got my tragus jewelry back in a few weeks later with no trouble, tried to put my rook bar back in one handed, and gave up/thought "whatever, I don't really want it anymore anyhow."

Well, now I do sort of want it back. I'm heading into a shop to get new tragus jewelry put in sometime this week, and thought about asking them to see if they'd be able to just shove a new bar in the rook piercing. I know everyone's body is different, but after 4.5 years, it wouldn't be totally closed yet, would it? Will piercers even do that, or will they insist on re-piercing with a needle and clamp?

1 Replies to Cartilage piercing/am I being realistic?

re: Cartilage piercing/am I being realistic?
By lux Comments: 1178, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Mon Dec 22, 2014 02:57 AM
Like you said, every body is different, but I had my 4 year old rook piercing out for 3-4 days, and my piercer really had to jam my bar through to get it back in. All you can do is let your piercer try, and if they can't get it back in, they'll let you know. Your piercer won't judge you, I promise!

ReplySendWatch