Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Girls Only
Dress shopping for the fashionably impaired?
By Kittydoodles Comments: 76, member since Sun Sep 14, 2014
On Thu Dec 25, 2014 03:29 PM

Hi! I have a wardrobe issue and need another girl's advice.

So I do not usually consider myself to be a fancy dresser. Most of my clothes are from the local dancewear store, Victoria's Secret Pink, or the Goodwill sweater rack. I am very comfort oriented. The only dresses I own are my over-the-top homecoming dress, a little cotton sundress, and one or two nice dresses to wear when I go to see dance performances.
I've decided that I need to buy one or two pretty, semi-fancy dresses that are appropriate for school, church, and going out. I found some at Tilly's but I don't know whether or not to buy them, so let me know of your opinion:

Would a maxi work on me? I have a size 0-1 jean and a 34A chest size. I have gotten mixed reviews about this kind of dress, but I sort of want to see how it looks. Is it still in style or have I missed the window? And would the length be okay for school or way too long?

The second option I like are the midlength dresses with the bell sleeves. If anyone has tried these, do the sleeves get in the way; can you layer flannels and cardigans over them?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!:)

1 Replies to Dress shopping for the fashionably impaired?

re: Dress shopping for the fashionably impaired?
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu Dec 25, 2014 06:49 PM
Maxi dresses depend on your height and body shape, in my opinion. From your description, maybe? I know they don't work for me (I wear anywhere from a 6-10, and I'm a 34DD, that coupled with short height...).

Do you have any friends you can go shopping with?

ReplySendWatch