Forum: General / Travel

Travel
So.. Anyone familiar with Tuscon?
By foreverlostmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1917, member since Sun Feb 15, 2004
On Mon Dec 29, 2014 03:07 PM

I am considering relocating to Tuscon in about a year. I have never been to Arizona, and have only ever lived in Northern California. That being said, when looking for places or jobs are there any areas to avoid? I also work in healthcare, and have no idea what a Dental Assistant would make out there... Would it be weird to cold call a couple of offices just to ask them a general pay range?

Also if you have any good tips or advice it would be appreciated. Thanks!

5 Replies to So.. Anyone familiar with Tuscon?

re: So.. Anyone familiar with Tuscon?
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Dec 29, 2014 04:45 PM
I live in Phoenix which is about an hour and a half away. I can get you some details about Tucson from a few people that live there, and I have an acquaintance in the dental business that I can contact through Facebook.

If I don't respond back within in a day or two send me a private message. I've been sick, and I have medication brain going on right now. lol
By foreverlostmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1917, member since Sun Feb 15, 2004
On Mon Dec 29, 2014 04:56 PM
imadanseur- That would be so helpful! Thank you so much!

We need to live near the Air Force Base, but want to stay out of any rough streets or neighborhoods.

For the Dental Job- I would like average salary ranges on:

- Dental Assistant with Xray Certification
-Dental Front Office/Treatment Coordinator or Office Manager

You're the best! I hope you feel better!
On Fri Jan 02, 2015 06:10 PM
My friend and I are talking today...just wanted to give you an update.
On Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:38 PM
Great thank you so much!!
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:42 AM
"Live out East. South Tucson, especially West is REALLY rough. The Foothills and Oro Valley are high end but both are north and not close to the base."

Sounds like good areas are going to be about 30 minutes east or north from the base.

You can make an average of $15.00 an hour - based on experience you could make more.

ReplySendWatch