Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Need Ellison Ballet Summer Intensive Review !!!
By ha1l3y_
On Mon Dec 29, 2014 08:54 PM
Locked by ha1l3y_ (271869) on 2015-01-04 14:54:49 No answers

I'm auditioning for Ellison Ballet Summer Intensive this year and I wanted to know what the summer intensive is like. And I also wanted to know what EBSI looks for in a dancer at the audition. To anyone whose been there or knows of the program : Please Help !! Thank you !

2 Replies to Need Ellison Ballet Summer Intensive Review !!!

re: Need Ellison Ballet Summer Intensive Review !!!
By S_H_A_O_
On Tue Dec 30, 2014 04:48 PM
I've never been to the SI, but I have been to the audition. You've probably been to other SI auditions but if you haven't it's just a regular class. I don't know your training level or how old you are, but I personally think the audition is harder than you would expect. For example in the pointe part, we had to do like releves in arabesque which aren't really hard, but in most auditions they usually just look at basic pointe work. I don't want to change your view on the program, but after the audition I realized I didn't really like the way they taught for some reason. Definitely have a personality in the audition. The number one correction Mr. Ellison gave to almost everyone was to smile. He REALLY likes when tmpeople look happy. But for the actual acceptance, they really just look for bodytype. If you the PERFECT body type you'll definitely get in. I know people who are amazing but they don't get in because they don't have the "ballet body type". I also know people who have a the "perfect" body type but not great technique but they got in. I just don't really like when schools do that. You definitely will need good technqiue, but Ellison will take the better body over the better technique for sure. Hope this helps! :)
re: Need Ellison Ballet Summer Intensive Review !!!
By ha1l3y_
On Tue Dec 30, 2014 05:26 PM
Thank you for answering and yes this helped ! :)

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed