Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

CPYB Year Round?
By EnchantedSteps
On Mon Dec 29, 2014 09:40 PM
Edited by EnchantedSteps (270742) on 2014-12-29 21:41:25

Hello (and sorry for my "serial posting" lately!! So many questions so little time :O :O) and happy holidays!

I'm 14 years old (female), serious student studying ballet at a feeder school to a well-known, regional company. I will be attending CPYB this year, and I'm curious if they invite their summer students to their year round program like other SI'S?

Thanks! :D :D

2 Replies to CPYB Year Round?

re: CPYB Year Round? (karma: 1)
By S_H_A_O_
On Tue Dec 30, 2014 04:54 PM
I'm not sure if you know this, but CPYB accepts people based on a first-come first-serve basis. That means they accept people based on when the apply, hence the reason there's no live audition to be accepted. The photos are just to help place you for your level. But don't think that means hat CPYB isn't good. I think CPYB has some of the BEST training in the country (I went to the SI when I was 12). For the year round, everyone is accepted. It's like going to a regular dance school where there's no audition, but the levels are extremely specfic, and you definitely get placed in the EXACT level for your technique. The thing that makes CPYB better than other schools where you don't have to audition is that you're placed in levels based ONLY on your technique. A 15 year old could easily be in the lowest level and a 10 year old could easily be in the highest level. Many people who graduate from the year round have EXTREMELY good technique, but it is open admissions for any age and level. Hope this helps! :)
re: CPYB Year Round?
By EnchantedSteps
On Wed Dec 31, 2014 08:36 PM
Thanks Shao!! :D :D :D

ReplySendWatch