Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Achievements

2014 Nutcracker
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:50 PM
Edited by toroandbruin (202876) on 2014-12-29 23:00:07

I haven't posted here for a while. 2014 was a very busy year both at work and personally.

In my local parks and rec every-two-years performance of the Nutcracker I was surprised to get the part of the "Nanny" for the party scene. Since there are not enough parents available to do a big group of adults for this scene, they cast a Nanny to "ride herd" on the kids at Fritz and Clara's party.

Two years ago I was one of two "party guests". The other guest was a very tall high school sophomore who played my grandson (and also the Mouse King). This year he is an even taller senior and played Drosselmeyer.

Anyway, two years ago I was a appalled when I got the video of the performance. My character did not look bad as a "character" but I thought, "Where did this shriveled, little, old lady come from?"

This year I wasn't as dismayed by the video. There's LOTS of room for improvement; however I looked taller because I stood straighter. I even remembered to point my feet every once in a while.

So I'm looking forward to a good 2015.

If I can learn to do decent cartwheels before mid-2016 Nutcracker auditions, maybe I can get cast as one of the larger mice.

2 Replies to 2014 Nutcracker

re: 2014 Nutcracker
By SarahdncrPremium member
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 08:31 AM
Glad to hear you had soo much fun! Even though your pic's were fuzzy, it looks like you had a lot of fun out there.

I just finished up last month with helping with my schools Nutcracker too. I am too self-conscious to be on-stage, though my instructors keep (nicely) threatening to turn me into a party parent!!

I, again, just helped coordinate stuff back-stage and had a lot of fun doing that in helping out the school. Who know's maybe my instructors kind threats will win over for the Dec 2015 production.

ReplySendWatch