Forum: Adults / College

College
I'm going to nursing school!!
By Elia_Jay Comments: 33, member since Sun Feb 02, 2014
On Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:32 PM

Like most people in their 20s, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, and I think I've decided: I want to be a nurse.

So I applied to a few nursing schools to start in the spring 2015 semester thinking if I got in, I would go, and if not, I would apply again to those and a few others for the fall 2015 semester since the need isn't pressing, I have a job that I like okay enough to stay as long as necessary.

I found out yesterday that I got accepted to Medgar Evers in NYC, and I've decided not to wait on the other school and go! I'd rather be in NYC, I have family nearby, and it'll be cheaper than the other school, so it seems like the right decision.

Things are moving very fast though -- school starts January 28th!

I'll be doing an LPN (licensed practical nursing) program because it's shorter than an RN program and I'm a person who likes working more than school, so I'd rather start out this way, and maybe in the future do a bridge LPN-RN program, and I couldn't be more excited!

I've already taken all the nursing co/pre-requisites such as A&P and psych, so I'll be able to devote all my time and energy to nursing classes which I am very thankful about.

Any other nursing students out there?

5 Replies to I'm going to nursing school!!

re: I'm going to nursing school!!
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4728, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:45 AM
Edited by maureensiobhan (80481) on 2015-01-03 10:49:04 changed emoticon
Edited by maureensiobhan (80481) on 2015-01-03 10:54:28 changed emoticon
Congratulations! :] I'm so happy for you.

I'm going to school myself for medical coding. One can never go wrong with pursuing a medical career of any kind, as there is always someone in the neighborhood who may be ill or injured enough to need treatment by a professional.

Good luck with school :) .
On Mon Jan 05, 2015 05:12 PM
Thank you :D I am beyond excited for everything!! Good luck to you in school, and you're right, you can't go wrong in the medical field!
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Wed Jan 21, 2015 03:47 PM
congrats! very exciting to start a new chapter.
By kookie_addict Comments: 5, member since Wed Feb 19, 2014
On Mon Feb 02, 2015 01:59 AM
Im 21 and graduated from my nursing school of december last year. Im currently looking for work as a nurse and i eventually wanna go back to school to be a paramedic. All the prac work i did as a student was great, and i have a feeling that there will always be something new to learn! I hope you love it :)
On Wed Feb 04, 2015 06:38 PM
^ Congrats! I hope you find a job soon :)

I'm loving it so far, other than having 4 hour theory lectures. That's really rough for me. But I only have those twice a week so it could be worse. I just had my first test yesterday and I got a 90 (woohoo!) and we started clinical today which seems like it'll be extremely easy. I'm almost 1/5 through the semester already which seems insane but I guess it'll just all fly by!!

ReplySendWatch