Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Intensive with no experience required
By Dancingmunchkin
On Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:24 PM

Hello!

About a year ago I was searching for SI's online and I found a school that accepted dancers of varying levels of experience. For example, say you were 17 and had no ballet experience, you could audition and you could attend the SI. I've been looking for that school again, and I'm not able to find it. I found it in an article that was talking about SI's and talked about this school. I can't remember it, and I was wondering if anyone knew of the school.

Thanks!

5 Replies to Intensive with no experience required

re: Intensive with no experience required
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 03:07 AM
CPYB is likely the school. They do not require an audition but are first come, first serve. They place you according to need/level, rather than age. If you are willing to dance with younger students, it's worth it. They are one of the best schools in the country, too.

FYI, I am an aged adult, with 40 years of ballet experience, and I will willingly take class with 11 year olds if they are doing the exercises I need or want to do. There's no shame in working in a younger group!
By SarahdncrPremium member
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 09:05 AM
@Serendipity42: Do you know if CPYB has (and/or has had) adults like us (I am around your age group) attending their summer intensives? Does CPYB do an adult only SI like Sun King does? I will check out their site, but thought you might have some first hand knowledge so I wanted to ask. Thanks. Cheers.
By Serendipity42Premium member
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:04 PM
I know that they have accepted mature adults previously. They do not do an adults only, though. To be honest ,if you are interested in it and able to do the full 5 weeks, why not apply to be an RA? You get room and board, a stipend, and free classes if you want them. If I could, I would do it!
By GannTheGloriousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 02:13 PM
^Now THAT sounds like a great idea for us older dancers! I'm looking into that right now!

Also, I know I've heard of some other first-come first serve SIs out there, but I cannot for the life of me remember them. Sorry I'm not more helpful, but they are out there.
By Dancingmunchkin
On Sat Jan 03, 2015 03:32 PM
CPYB is the school that I was looking for! Thank you so much!

ReplySendWatch