Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

2015 summer intensives
By Ballet_May
On Sun Jan 04, 2015 08:27 PM

Where are you guys auditioning for 2015 summer intensives? If you have already auditioned what was is your feedback for the audition. Lastly if you have been accepted to any programs have you received any scholarships? If so to which programs? 😊

9 Replies to 2015 summer intensives

re: 2015 summer intensives
By balletmac
On Sun Jan 04, 2015 09:55 PM
This weekend I auditioned for Ellison Ballet and SFB. Ellison's class was quite hard for an audition class. He was an amazing teacher though and I'd die if I were to get in :) We did do fouettes en pointe. SFB was extremely crowded, and Patrick Armand was the teacher. I liked him a lot, we didn't do as many exercises due to the amount of people there. I really have no idea if I will get in. I'm not entirely sure what they're looking for.

I plan on auditioning for Harid Conservatory, SAB, UNCSA (year-round), PNB and OBT. What about you?
By carlyeeeeee
On Thu Jan 08, 2015 06:58 AM
I am auditioning for Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre and Pacific Northwest Ballet this weekend! I am so nervous. I will also be auditioning for Nashville Ballet, Joffrey Academy Chicago, Orlando Ballet, and BalletMet. Where will you be auditioning? :)
By vaganovalover5
On Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:15 AM
I'm auditioning for Rock this weekend and I'm also auditioning for Harid, Bolshoi, and Gelsey Kirkland. These are my first times auditioning at these schools except Gelsey Kirkland, which was one of the schools I auditioned for last year. :)
By ElleMcG
On Mon Jan 12, 2015 09:57 AM
wow fouette's en pointe! What was the age range of that class?
By PointeStudent
On Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:53 AM
I auditioned for ABT and I got into ABT Texas. I Might be auditioning for Ballet Met too but most likely I'm going to ABT Texas.
By ballerinamorgan
On Wed Feb 11, 2015 08:22 AM
Hi! I have so far auditioned for Ballet Chicago, San Francisco Ballet (through video audition), Pacific Northwest Ballet, and School of American Ballet. I have so far heard back from Pacific Northwest Ballet, which I was accepted into, The School of Ballet Chicago, which I was accepted into on scholarship, and The School of American Ballet where I was placed on their waitlist. I am hoping to hear from San Francisco and go there for three weeks, and then go to Ballet Chicago's two week advanced intensive!
By BalletIrish4evr
On Tue Feb 17, 2015 01:52 PM
PACIFIC NORTHWEST BALLET
I was not accepted to PNB but it was a fantastic experience because they gave excellent corrections I have not had before.

CAROLINA BALLET
I was not excepted. There were 54 dancers auditioning and there were many many combonations for 1 step.

KIROV ACADEMY OF BALLET
I was accepted to KAB! I am happy to say I was accepted.

ELLISON BALLET
I have not yet gotten the results but I had a great time audition. It was a bit different to be video taped during center though.

KAATSBAAN EXTREME BALLET
I was accepted to kaatsbaan. I learned a lot in the audition Martine Van Hamel made sure to give everyone at least one correction.

I had a great audition experience!
By carlyeeeeee
On Tue Feb 17, 2015 04:27 PM
Thought I would do an update now that auditions are pretty much over!

PNB: Not accepted. :(

PBT: Not accepted. :(

Ballet West: Accepted! :)

Boston Ballet: Accepted! :)

Carolina Ballet: Waitlisted (I sent in a pretty late video audition so it sounds like my level was just about full, but they said they'd let me know soon)

Kansas City Ballet: Accepted! :)

Texas Ballet Theater: Accepted! :)

Nashville Ballet: Not received letter yet!

ReplySendWatch