Forum: Advice / Emergency

Emergency
Cosplay costume contest; Need Ideas for Cheshire Cat Bag (24 hours)
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Mon Jan 05, 2015 08:00 AM

I have been working non stop on my cosplay's for an upcoming local comic con. I just read the rules for the costume contest and a little side note says that there will be a prize for the best "coin bag" (Basically one of the things people do at this con is they get a coin when they come in and whoever they like, they can give that coin to as a vote).

I am going as Cheshire Cat and I am trying to think of some kind of bag I can make, Alice in Wonderland related (preferably) that I could use as a bag to collect coins and stuff.

I thought about making a "pocket watch" style purse or something like that.

Any other ideas??

The reason this is under "emergency" is because the con starts Friday, so whatever I decide to do has to be done by Thursday, so it needs to be started today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

5 Replies to Cosplay costume contest; Need Ideas for Cheshire Cat Bag (24 hours)

re: Cosplay costume contest; Need Ideas for Cheshire Cat Bag (24 hours)
By Kettricken Comments: 174, member since Thu Jun 07, 2012
On Mon Jan 05, 2015 09:37 AM
A tea pot?
By UnderwaterBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2378, member since Mon Jun 09, 2003
On Tue Jan 06, 2015 09:42 AM
A top hat and bag in one?

I like the idea of a teapot, or a teacup, or cupcake shaped thing, or anything tea-partyish?
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Tue Jan 06, 2015 06:10 PM
Can you get a clear plastic purse and then use fabric or ribbon to make the cheshire cat's stripes? Then make a head and tail - the tail could even be the handles or strap of the purse, depending on which way the cat is facing.
By moneyzorro Comments: 1, member since Tue Jan 27, 2015
On Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:43 AM
If I would have gone I would have dressed up like a five nights at Freddie's costume
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Fri Jan 30, 2015 03:58 PM
hey everyone! Thank all for your help, I kept meaning to come back here and post a picture and keep forgetting. I did end up going with a teapot idea.

The Goodwills in my state have 25% off everything on Monday's so I found this awesome teapot/cup set, and painted it the way I wanted.

I know I'm supposed to lock this after the emergency has passed but I want to show you all the teapot so I'm leaving it open so I can! haha

moneyzorro - You should try and go sometime, they are a lot of fun :) Five Night at Freddy's has gotten so huge so there are always a lot of characters around. Personally, while I've played the games, I'm not quite sure what all the hype is about... but it could just be because I've only played it on my ipod touch haha

ReplySendWatch